Sunday, November 16, 2008

Registering prices for the INDEC (It´s the Argentinean National Institute of Statistics and Censes)

Dorita was much better, even thought it was the fourth day after the chemotherapy she did not have vomits and the desires of eating would reappear. I had to do the purchases but the heat was unbearable, it was not going down of the thirties of degrees, I even helped Dorita whom to leans on the armchair and opened the window in order to a bit of air could circulate.
Finally I went out to the avenue and went away to the mini supermarket that was staying more nearby with the cellular with me by the doubts.
When I approached the gondola of the meats I saw a woman with a schedule and then, a bit for curiosity, I asked her:
- Forgive me, Are you from some association of defense to the consumer? –
The woman answered me smiling:
- Not, I am of the INDEC –
- Of the INDEC? –
- Yes–
- And you are annotating the prices of the meat? -
-Sure, of some products - -
-Considering the lying index of inflation I ask myself how it is the mechanism in order that the prices that you annotate are reflected in the final calculation –
-But there also are the prices fixed by the government-
-I don´t see those prices in none of the markets of the zone –
-That´s not the problem, the important thing is that they forced me to put the prices fixed by the government-
- We are said in television, newspapers that there is many pressure and for what you are saying to me it seems that is right–
-Yes, there is many pressure, I have been working for the INDEC during twenty years and now they extracted me to the offices and ordered me to be in the street –
- To look for the prices that they want you to find…-
- Clearly. In addition, there is another thing, the inflationary index is balancing then they put several products, for example, there is an increase in the food but the index goes down in the end of the season because gowns’ prices descends … But well, I have to work, many people say to me bad things when I say that I am of the INDEC –
-But you are passing a difficult, coarse situation. I could realize of it just for talking with you in this few seconds–
-Well I must leave you cause I have to continue –
-I hope that the situation changes –
- Thank you, thank you-

No comments: